1.06.2011

Walt Disney World ~ Magic Kingdom Fireworks



Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom fireworks were amazing!  We made a special trip one night during our vacation to see the 11:00 p.m. show.   I brought along my camera hoping to get some fun night shots of the family.  We waited in line to see the Monsters, Inc. comedy show.  As we sat down a Disney Castmember told us we would miss the firework show if we stayed.  We bolted.  The kids lined up on the bridge.  They were at an angle I could not photograph their faces while they watched the show, so I decided to focus on the castle and the fireworks.  Everything was happening so fast that I struggled with finding a setting in manual mode that worked.  I changed my metering from spot to evaluative, set the ISO at 5000 and started shooting.   These photos are not edited.  

I started my blog for my jewelry business, but photography, my hobby, has been much more fun to blog about since it is fun to learn and share.  When I create jewelry, I'm in mental zone where I'm focused and find it hard to stop, photograph the process and teach.  Perhaps I will do some jewelry making lessons soon.   In the meantime, let's talk photography.


The multidimensional light show on the castle
was even better than the fireworks.

She was captivated by the fireworks.
I was captivated by her.
This  face is why you take your kids to Disney.
 I had to wait for a bright blast to get her face lit.
Shutter speed 1/60, f/1.4, ISO 5000

I like this the photo because it shows the details of the castle.

The firework smoke caught the light display and helped backlight the castle.

Fireworks and a pink castle

Fireworks and a green castle

The finale.
Okay, now I'm blind.
I saw fireworks for hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment