12.15.2010

Outdoor exercise on a cold November weekend


Sitting around the house one cold weekend after Thanksgiving we exhausted all indoor activities and  decided we needed to get outside for some exercise and fresh air.  Our company had left, the house was back in order, the kids were building Legos for hours so my husband suggested a trip to the school field for some football.  

Perfect, I thought, get the kids and dog a little exercise, experience quality family time and have a great opportunity to practice my photography skills.  My 50mm 1.4 Nikon lens was not working properly with my Nikon D5000 DSLR and when I received my new Nikon D7000 the lens works!  Don't ask me why.  This was my first trip out with the D7000 and my 50mm lens.  I was pleased with the photos.  

Before I dropped and broke my Nikon D5000, I purchased a few lenses off the Internet to save some money and didn't call the customer support line for advise.  Next time I'll call because that was a costly mistake.  What a relief that my 50mm 1.4 finally works properly.  

My daughter drawing in the gravel.
ISO 200 50mm f/1/6 1/8000

You can see the cold in the air.
I wanted to capture the sun hitting them in the field playing football in the late afternoon.
ISO 200 50mm f/1.6 1/8000

Before this day I did not realize that I could take an action shot with
the aperture at 1.6 and have it in focus, etc.
This is where practice comes in handy.
ISO 200 50mm f/1.6 1/5000

I love his concentration and expression as he eyes the football in the air.  

She finally got in the spirit and joined us.

She wants to learn how to kick the ball farther than her brother.
Headed home.
The perfect amount of exhaustion.
A fun afternoon in the park.
ISO 200 50mm f/2.8 1/320
As we were leaving and I was reviewing my images she said in her
best whine..."Mom, please let me take a picture with your new camera."
No, way, not anymore.
Photos like this one make me laugh.  This face is such a part of childhood
and being a parent you see it often, usually during the late afternoon, early evening,
known as the "witching hour."
A bit overexposed but I like how his eyes look so blue.
He is old enough that I don't get those meltdown faces any longer.
A blessing, yet sad at the same time.
ISO 200 50mm f/2.8 1/250.


No comments:

Post a Comment