10.31.2012

She's a Little League Slugger at Fenway


My 7 year-old daughter plays little league baseball, "with the boys," I like to say.  She holds her own. She enjoys her teammates, coaches and the baseball family at West Springfield Little League.   Most of all, baseball provides that special connection with her father and older brother.  As she gets older there are fewer female teammates and people continue to ask when will we switch her over to softball.  I know the time is coming that she will pick another team sport, "with the girls."  With this day in mind,  I took some sentimental photos of her at one of our favorite baseball WSLL fields "Fenway." 

Equipment:  Nikon D7000 and AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED.  Settings for most photos:  70 mm, ISO 320, f/4.5, Shutter Speed 1/100.



On deck warming up.
(I shot through the chain link fence)

Ready.


Waiting for the call from the Ump.

The pitcher lands one short in the dirt.

A beautiful evening for baseball.





Strike.


Whack!  Bionic ball coming off the bat.

Watching where the ball goes.
I'll keep watching where she goes...







No comments:

Post a Comment